Monday, December 12, 2016

This semester I took a class entitled "Introduction to Technology for Educators".  Not to toot my own horn, but I am pretty tech savvy, so I thought this course would be a breeze.  As it turns out there are many applications that I have never encountered.  I learned how to use these tools to make myself a more interesting, engaging, and relevant teacher.  


created by T. Smith using wordclouds.com 


The encouragement of the use of web web 2.0 tools in this blog were the greatest insight for me.  I was able to learn first hand how to make fun and interesting graphics and online learning tools for students.

Online classes are always challenging due to lack of interaction with other students and professors in real time and space.  Discussions with classmates gave the online classroom a touch of reality as did the collaborative lesson plan.  
by Mr. Stein


If there is one gripe I had with the class is that there were some expired and broken links and the recommended bookmarking site was down for a large portion of the semester.  I found this to be ironic.  As this was a technology class, I did not expect those types of problems.  Thankfully the professor addressed the errors and always quickly responded to questions and comments. 

Overall I enjoyed the class.  The lessons learned will certainly carry on into future works.  Thank you to my classmates and professor who have made this class so enjoyable. 





Textbook - Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment